This BOM is a scrappy, pieced 12 month project, centered around one main theme fabric. New Blocks will be posted on the 1st of each month.
Each month you will make a block using several fabrics from your stash (or stash of FQ's) that coordinate with a central theme fabric. You might wish to scrap up the background fabrics, or use one background throughout the project. It's up to you!
You might choose a bright, multi-colored theme fabric, and use collection coordinates, or tone-on-tone or solid fabrics within the block, or
perhaps a calming fabric choice as your theme, and more colorful coordinates. It's up to you! Each pattern will be clearly labeled, so you will know where your theme fabric should be. Setting Instructions will be given at end of BOM.
* A bright, multi-colored batik print, with solid reading coordinates
* A novelty fabric with coordinating fabrics from that collection
* A Patriotic large scale print with coordinating fabrics
* A 30's Reproduction focal fabric, and other 30's fabrics coordinates.
* An Asian themed quilt, with a larger scale fabric as focal, and other small scale Asian coordinates.
* A romantic floral theme print, with soft coordinates
To give you an idea of a focal fabric, background, and coordinating fabrics, I chose these fabrics for my quilt. It is merely an example! I will use these fabrics in the monthly block instructions.
These luscious fabrics are from Kona Bay. The focal fabric is from the Kona Bay Nobu Fujiyama Textile Pearls of Japan collection.
FOCAL FABRIC: BACKGROUND FABRIC:
For Blocks: 1 yd If Scrappy........use a good selection within each block
For Border 1 1/2 yds Non-Scrappy....For blocks: 1 3/4 yds
For Border & Sashing: 1 yd
Select fabrics from your stash each month, OR 12 FQ's or 1/4 yd cuts
**Make sure there is good contrast between your focal and coordinates, and also the background and coordinates!